The CanEx Program
Are you finding that in today’s hyper-competitive market place Canadian experience is often a pre-requisite for obtaining that all-important job? Too many new immigrants, no matter what their previous educational training, cannot get a job at all and if they do it is often not related to their background or credentials. CanEX can also give you the opportunity to explore a career to make sure you are making the right choice for your future.
Let CALC’s CanEx Co-op program provide you with the Canadian work experience you need as well as class time to obtain Canadian school credits.
The CanEX Co-op is an 18 week full-time program offering in-school classes and a volunteer work placement to help you get the Canadian experience you need.
The CanEX Co-op Program
• Two terms - 18 weeks (September to January, or February to June)
• Pre-employment period, in class daily attendance at CALC for in-school courses
• Balance of program: on-the-job unpaid placement in career related field, 4 days/week and one day in class
• Up to six credits can be earned depending on work completed and hours worked
The CanEX Co-op Requirements
• Admitted to CALC
• Assessed for ESL Level EO or better
• Able to attend full day (up to 8 hours daily)
• Interview with co-op department
• Some special requirements for specific placements
The CanEX Co-op Costs
• $40 Student Activity Fee
• Once accepted into the program, $100 refundable materials fee
How do I register?
Click here to begin your registration in the CanEX program.